Prep: 10 Minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 (6 ounces) Flounder Fillets
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Lemon zest of one lemon + juice
- 1 tablespoon minded parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 435 degrees F.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Season fish with
salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Wrap each fish fillet with 5 to 6 asparagus spears and secure with a toothpick.
Place in a rimmed baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining
- Combine panko, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley. Top each fillet evenly with
crumb topping. Drizzle with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Pour wine or
chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish (not top of fish.)
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and
asparagus is crisp but tender.
- Serve immediately.
238 Calories; 8g carbohydrate; 28g protein; 3g fiber
Check Back for more recipes!
Recipe: Jacqueline Gomes, RDN, MBA